14 hours (usually 2 days including breaks)
- An understanding of networking concepts.
- Experience with Linux command line.
- An understanding of containers and Kubernetes.
- Cloud architects
- DevOps engineers
- Network engineers
- Sys Admins
Istio is an open source service mesh for connecting, monitoring, and securing microservices.
This instructor-led, live training (onsite or remote) is aimed at engineers who wish to connect, secure, and manage cloud-based applications (microservices) using an Istio based service mesh.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Install and configure Istio on Kubernetes.
- Understand service meshes and implement one with Istio.
- Deploy an Istio service mesh on top of Kubernetes.
- Use a service mesh to run, manage and monitor microservices in the cloud.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- To learn more about Istio, please visit: https://istio.io/
- The complexities of managing a service mesh
How Microservices Connect with Each Other
Overview of Kubernetes Networking
Overview of Istio Features and Architecture
Case study: When Managing a Network of Microservices Gets out of Hand
Setting up Istio on Kubernetes
Creating an Istio Service Mesh with Kubernetes
Working with the Istio Control Plane
Working with the Istio Data Plane
Networking and Policy Management with Project Calico
Deploying the Istio Service Mesh
Securing the Service Mesh with End-to-End Euthentication
Summary and Conclusion