14 hours (usually 2 days including breaks)
- An understanding of Node.js
- Network Engineers
This instructor-led, live training (onsite or remote) is aimed at network engineers who wish to use Socket.IO to create real-time web applications.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Set up a real-time web application between an Express server and a browser.
- Send and receive objects in a bi-directional manner between web clients and servers.
- Create pipes to a browser from a server for streaming data.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
Networking in Depth
- What is a socket?
- Clients and servers
- HTTP vs websockets
- TCP/UDP networking
Preparing the Development Environment
- Installing and configuring Node.js
- Installing and configuring Express
- Installing and configuring Socket.IO
Socket.IO Quick Start
- Creating a chat application
Slack a Real-Time Web Application
- Setting up data and classes
- Creating a slack clone
- Refactoring code
- Sending data through a connection
- Obtaining performance data
- Working with clusters
- Connecting a Node client to Socket.IO server
- Using React components
- Streaming data
Testing the Application
- Testing with unit tests and mock tests
Debugging the Application
- Handling errors
Deploying the Application
- Deploying a real-time web application
- Hosting a real-time web application
Securing the Application
- Hiding data and APIs
Summary and Conclusion
The trainer was very knowledgeable and was able to answer most questions that were somewhat outside of the scope of what we needed to cover. He was dynamic, funny and polite.
Pascal Durocher - City of Montreal
Course:HTTP fundamentals and Nginx web server